|Beautynomics - The Economics of Vanity|
|...and they say vanity isn't economical.|
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Your Momma's Best Kept Secret! :) Olay is acclaimed to be one of the best moisturizers, ever!
LUNCH BREAK EFFORT
Try The Body Shop's Vitamin C Facial Spritz
* Skin gets either really dry, or oily. Get your moisture mist! Evian? Nu Skin? Anything to refresh the skin! Spray, spray, and refresh yourself! :) Get some blotting papers and let the oil settle there, not on your skin. Don't touch your face with your hands! They're probably dirty.
GOING HOME ROUTINE
* Probably, dirt has accumulated in your skin. It is most important to get rid of it. Don't let dirt stay in your skin for long. It does horrible things like breeding a zit, or worse, a milia ( the toothpaste-like-one ) You can do your cleanse-tone-moisturize routine, with moisture mist as moisturizer since you're going to moisturize later before sleeping, anyway.
This is the ONLY exfoliating scrub I know that's not abrasive on the skin.* Do the cleanse-tone-and moisturize routine. But twice or thrice a week ( note : don't do this consecutively ), exfoliate. This buffs off your dead skin cells that you have accumulated ( we all have this ) , and gives you a whole new layer of fresh, glowing skin. After cleansing, do this. The buffing feeling is great, but don't overdo it. Keep it brief, say, 20 seconds again? Overdoing this can stimulate oil glands to produce more oil, so don't don't don't overdo! If you have pimples, isolate those spots and exfoliate around that area, don't massage it with the clear-skinned parts. It spreads the germs. With moisturizing, perhaps you have a night cream - something heavier, that can revitalize, and repair your skin. Opt for something repairing and moisturizing for the night, and something light and with protection during the day.
Nu Skin Exfoliating Scrub, Gentle. Spherical-beads-galore! :)
* If you have pimples, apply blemish gel on the pimple, with a light coating. Can be used in the morning, or in the evening.
The perfect assassin , with no traces, of blemishes and pimples!
Lancome Spot Controle
Other tips, that just popped outta my mind :
* Soaps are a no-no. No matter how they claim to thoroughly clean the body, remember, your body skin is way thicker than your facial skin! The face is very delicate - using soaps would strip the skin of moisture. Don't you feel that your skin's so tight when you use soap? That's a bad sign. Facial skin, needs moisture. Without it, facial skin would be dry, even dry and oily at the same time for oily-skinned people ( that's the yuckiest feeling in the world ), and it would earn the least-coveted wrinkles in no time.
* Keep your skin from a very safe distance from anything scratchy, abrasive, and scalding. These kind of things can really cause your skin to be really red. It HURTs the skin. So, if choosing an exfoliating creme for the face, make sure you choose non-abrasive ones that don't scratch the skin. Spherical-shaped beads would be great.
* SPF is crucial ANYWHERE. Inside the office, inside your classroom, and even inside your room. EVEN in front of your pc! All those lights, really damage the skin. Protect yourself!
* It is important to know what skin type you are to know what products would suit you. For normal skinned people, they can use almost anything "normal". For oily skinned people, they need oil-free products, water based products are more desirable. For dry-skinned people, they should stay away from alcohol-based toners, and use moisturizing cleansers.
* For oily-skinned people, resist the urge to wash your face everytime you feel oil in your face! Too much washing can stimulate your oil glands to produce more, hence, making your skin a whole lot oilier. Doesn't help. Stick to blotting paper, or a clean towel :)
* This ideal skin care regimen must be twinned with keeping yourself healthy - drinking your daily dose of multivitamins, Vitamin C ( an antioxidant ), drinking at least 8 glasses of water, eating fresh fruits and veggies ( I'm thinking of my Ceasar Salad again...wah..) , and sleeping at least 8 hours a day. I almost forgot to mention this, thanks to Kars!
Kiehl's , coming soon in the Philippines! =)
This moisturizer is oil-free, non-greasy, and suited for all skin types :)
What's your skin care regimen? what products do you swear with? Tell me! Click comments, and type away! I'd love to hear from you :)
* lots of tips, in my succeeding entries! :)
Technorati Tags :skincare,regimen ,beauty ,kiehls,olay
nu skin,lancome,beauty products,
Comments: Post a Comment
An economics graduate that always hated her math
but loved her theories.
Believes that Economics can be found in :
- the bathroom
- in front of your vanity mirror
- an in every place beautiful.
Best Beauty Deals!
Blogs I Read
The Vanity Affair
The Pinoy Cook
Talk To Me!
design by maystar
powered by blogger